Re: Nouveau 75 power output

Bill VanKirk

Bob,
I tried to answer you direct however my email was returned. My Nouveau 75 is making 5 watts carrier and modulates to about 12 watts. It seems to work well and the receive sounds very good with an external speaker. The internal speaker not so much. In the evenings I have been using it to listen to WTWW on 5.085mhz. It receives that station very well.

73
Bill

On Sat, Nov 2, 2019 at 1:29 PM w9ran <w9ran@...> wrote:
Now that I've got my modulator settled down I'm wondering what others
are seeing for RF power output?

With a 13.5VDC supply I get 2.8 watts resting carrier and right at 11
watts PEP on voice peaks with 100% modulation.   That was good enough to
be heard around the midwest this morning on the Midwest Classic Radio
Net, but it's about half of what the Nouveau 75 specification says it
should be.

Some comparisons will help determine whether my modulator is still not
working right, thanks.

73, Bob W9RAN

Bill
W0PT