Recommendation for a Butane Soldering Iron?

Mike Stewart

Greetings to the list. Happy Veterans Day, too.

I’m looking for recommendations for a butane soldering iron, something suitable for professional use in really rough conditions.

Anyone have one or two recommendations for a top-grade, durable, portable butane soldering iron? Price isn’t the most important consideration.

True, electric temp-controlled irons are preferable for most construction. The places this iron will be used don’t have electricity.

Many of the 4SQRP group are serious builders or professionals in the electronics industry. Sure would appreciate your insights. So would the intended recipient.

Thank you for the benefit of your experience and wisdom.

72,

Mike Stewart

N0TU

P.S. I have tried Google as my friend…and have little faith in the search results.