From: "John Evans" <john.evans.n0hj@...>
Sent: 11/12/2019 7:55:26 AM
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] Recommendation for a Butane Soldering Iron?

We used these old school irons in little gas ovens to heat them in junior high.  I hated using those for soldering sheet metal projects, but eventually got the hang of it.  Here's to Mr Roy Vercruysse in 7th grade metal shop.

john - n0hj

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 6:49 AM _Dave_K0MBT <davesters@...> wrote:
<snip>

I wouldn't mind getting one of those old school irons that you heat with fire or a torch. Like this:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1311.R2.TR1.TRC0.A0.H1.TRS1&_nkw=antique+copper+soldering+iron&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=15&_osacat=0&_odkw=antique+soldering+iron

73    Dave
k0mbt