Re: Recommendation for a Butane Soldering Iron?

Gwen Patton

I'm fond of my Dremel 2000-01 VersaTip. It's a bit larger than most, but it has a very comfortable grip, LOTS of fuel capacity, and gets easily hot enough to solder coax connectors! I use it where I can't plug something in. (I COULD connect my TS100 to a 19v power bank, but it doesn't really have enough thermal mass to do a heavy coax connector, and certainly not while outside in the wind.)

This model is nicely inexpensive and works fine. $31 on Amazon Prime.

73,
Gwen, NG3P

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 10:05 AM Mike Stewart <mike.n0tu@...> wrote:
Good morning,

Thank you gentlemen for the recommendations and advice. I knew this was a good place to ask.

I'll study these options and ask the recipient a few more questions to zero in on the best option for his needs.

Your input is much appreciated,

72,

Mike
N0TU