Re: Finished my Nouveau 75, hum on transmit audio!

w9ran <w9ran@...>

On 11/20/2019 2:10 PM, John P Lloyd via Groups.Io wrote:

Can anyone give me some advice on troubleshooting the audio hum issue?
John, First off I'd check your power supply.    A scope would be the best tool but if you have a different supply that you could try, that should verify.   The next thing is a possible ground loop - if you can, try a battery or disconnect the antenna and put the N-75 on a dummy load that is not grounded.

Your output does sound low - mine has about 3 watts resting carrier and when I posed the question a  while ago no one replied to say they were getting 5 watts unmodulated carrier output.   The power supply voltage could easily make up the difference, mine is running at 13.5VDC.

73, Bob W9RAN