Re: Finished my Nouveau 75, hum on transmit audio!

Charles W. Powell

Mine is somewhere around 3 watts dead key as well.

72,

Chas - NK8O

On Nov 20, 2019, at 5:50 PM, w9ran <w9ran@oneradio.net> wrote:

On 11/20/2019 2:10 PM, John P Lloyd via Groups.Io wrote:

Can anyone give me some advice on troubleshooting the audio hum issue?
John, First off I'd check your power supply. A scope would be the best tool but if you have a different supply that you could try, that should verify. The next thing is a possible ground loop - if you can, try a battery or disconnect the antenna and put the N-75 on a dummy load that is not grounded.

Your output does sound low - mine has about 3 watts resting carrier and when I posed the question a while ago no one replied to say they were getting 5 watts unmodulated carrier output. The power supply voltage could easily make up the difference, mine is running at 13.5VDC.

73, Bob W9RAN