S Meter circuit or power out circuit for the Bayou Jumper

KY6R <KY6R@...>

I will be building a Bayou Jumper and Souper Upper soon - and would like to add a meter - either an S meter or a power out meter. I'm guessing power out would be easier - but am not sure. This doesn't have to be perfectly accurate - its for "show" - to have a needle move either for RX or TX.

I guess since its crystal controlled and I will most likely use it to demo on just one or two nearby frequencies - maybe a circuit for the S meter would be best. Even if the circuit is a tap off the audio amp - something to move an old meter - that would be cool.

I'm a software guy - and while I have done a lot of maker projects - and kit projects - I have never designed a circuit before - so I would appreciate some help.

73,

Rich
KY6R