Re: I was cruel to my cricket 40

KC0RFC

Thanks for the good words, I really appreciate it.

73

Shawn

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019, 11:37 AM Bobby Drummond <alphak4ja@...> wrote:

Even if you zapped it , you'll get if fixed, no doubt.  Hey, I wish I had a nickel for every time I plugged something in backward.

You just proved you're human when you did.  Welcome to the human league ;-)

If I were to make a guess, your audio chip is the thing most likely to have gotten zapped but I could be wrong.

73 de AK4JA

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 11:52 AM KC0RFC <icode.iam@...> wrote:
Thanks Bobby, so silly, I thought I had it right, no idea how I did this. Feeling a little defeated. 😁

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019, 10:11 AM Bobby Drummond <alphak4ja@...> wrote:
Might have.  I don't see any reverse polarity protection in the schematic online.  I hope that there was a diode added in later models that would have prevented a reverse polarity damage situation.

Those that have a better knowledge of the circuit will be able to give you a better answer.

73 and GL

AK4JA

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 10:01 AM KC0RFC <icode.iam@...> wrote:
Good morning all

It's great to meet you.

I connected the battery backwards. Did I kill it?

Shawn
ai0w

--
73 de AK4JA