Re: I was cruel to my cricket 40

David Wilcox

Shawn,

It’s a good idea to always have a fuse in every power supply line.  Then if there is a reverse protection scheme built into a rig the fuse will blow first. One time I blew an early Chinese radio (without protection) because the battery I bought at a swap had a RED price tag right next to the negative pole..... lots of smoke.  Now on all batteries I use I mask off a large area by the positive pole and paint it with red paint...... AND have fuses in ALL of my power cords.

On another rig it did have a reverse protection diode and it blew because I didn’t have a fuse in the line.  I was lucky because I caught it right away as the diode was cooking and all I had to do was replace the diode.

Now I have confessed my sins.  I feel better!

Dave K8WPE

David J. Wilcox K8WPE’s iPad

On Nov 30, 2019, at 10:01 AM, KC0RFC <icode.iam@...> wrote:

Good morning all

It's great to meet you.

I connected the battery backwards. Did I kill it?

Shawn
ai0w