Re: cricket 30

Frank Perkins

Dog whistle sidetones?
Well, outside of eating Kibbles and dog biscuits, it seems like I remember a modification published on the Cricket 80 that changed the value of a cap (C-7?).
Another ham installed a variable cap over by the key and ran wires to the cap's previous location pads.
You might look for arrivals on it and compare circuitry to your Cricket 30.
Frank N6CES

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019, 8:20 AM colin humphries <3humps@...> wrote:
Anyone else had problems with the side-tone being very high pitched? About 1200hz, I have checked the wiring, everything works and the values are correct, but the side-tone is getting close to a dog whistle 😁, thoughts?
De K0LIN