Re: cricket 30

Frank Perkins

Dog whistle Cricket.
I found the sidetones mod info.
There first changed C-15 to a 30pf which did well, but later changed it to a variable (anything that tunes 15 to 60 will do). They tore one out of a cheap transistor radio, and mounted it in the battery location. They then soldered two 9v battery clips together, snapped one on the Cricket board clop and the other one onto a battery laying off the board (observe polarity when soldering wires).
Frank

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019, 9:20 AM Frank Perkins via Groups.Io <N6CES.r=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Dog whistle sidetones?
Well, outside of eating Kibbles and dog biscuits, it seems like I remember a modification published on the Cricket 80 that changed the value of a cap (C-7?).
Another ham installed a variable cap over by the key and ran wires to the cap's previous location pads.
You might look for arrivals on it and compare circuitry to your Cricket 30.
Frank N6CES

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019, 8:20 AM colin humphries <3humps@...> wrote:
Anyone else had problems with the side-tone being very high pitched? About 1200hz, I have checked the wiring, everything works and the values are correct, but the side-tone is getting close to a dog whistle 😁, thoughts?
De K0LIN