Re: cricket 30 C15, C16, R8

WA0ITP

Since the sidetone is a relaxation oscillator, change C16 or R8 to change the sidetone.  Note that it has nothing to do with the frequency offset, and it won't change when changing the frequency to which the rig is tuned. Change xtals to prove that.

C15 controls the T/R offset and determines the tone at which you'll be able to work a station at a tone you like. Try for 500-800 HZ, I changed C15 on my first 80A and achieved ~600 hz offset which it played vy well

GL and enjoy your Cricket.  You might check out becoming a Cricketeer

72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
On 12/3/2019 12:23 PM, Wayne Steury wrote:

C15

Wayne Steury IPhone

On Dec 3, 2019, at 11:20 AM, Wayne Steury via Groups.Io <waynesteury@...> wrote:

 Yes I thought the cricket did not have an audible pitch with some stations. I modified the C 13 capacitor with a little Variable that helped.

<image0.jpeg>

Wayne Steury N9egt

On Dec 3, 2019, at 9:20 AM, colin humphries <3humps@...> wrote:

Anyone else had problems with the side-tone being very high pitched? About 1200hz, I have checked the wiring, everything works and the values are correct, but the side-tone is getting close to a dog whistle 😁, thoughts?
De K0LIN