Re: Last Sunday surprise

KI5CSC <jaybird101954@...>

I forgot one thing. Email Poly Phaser and ask them if the Gas Discharge Tube element needs to be replaced.

Sent from my superb Samsung Galaxy Tab S4

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 12:34, KI5CSC via Groups.Io
<jaybird101954@...> wrote:
If it's the Poly Phaser lightning suppressor I'm familiar with, it is rated for 50,000-volts.

Sent from my superb Samsung Galaxy Tab S4

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 12:13, Carl Gansen
<wb0cff@...> wrote:
Just before the sprint on Sunday, I discovered that my 40M vertical would not load and I could not hear  any signals. I ended up using the 160M vertical through the LDG tuner for the sprint.

Last week we had a brief but intense snow squall come through with thunder and lightning.  Today I learned that A lightning strike had blown the coax off. Further down the cable I have a panel with Polyphaser lightning  protection. It kept the lightning from reaching the house