Re: Einstein on RF and cat.

Jim Manley

And hence the revolutionary leap in technology when Bell Labs invented "cat's whiskers" transistors!  No more "cat's eyes" in tubes/valves glowering in the dark, either ...

Jim  KJ7JHE
Lame Deer High School Amateur Radio Club  KJ7JKU

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 9:45 AM Frank Perkins <N6CES.r@...> wrote:
Don,
Yep! That was it.
I recognize the wording now.
Frank i

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019, 8:06 AM W6BOW via Groups.Io <DBuckter=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Dear All,

"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat.  You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles.  Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there.  The only difference is that there is no cat."

So, what about all those many, many QST articles over the years about "strays"?
Just askin'.

Happy holidays,

Don  W6BOW
SF  CA  USA