Re: Fw: Mechanical problem

ac8ap

I have used an IC mount for an 8 pin chip before and cut it up into 8 different pieces. I soldered the pin end to the board then could mount the desired device into the pins. This is also useful for parts that you may want to be able to exchange in the future for experiments or changing freq. or functions. I end up destroying a few in the process but it is an inexpensive way to do this. Here is an of a part to cut up: http://www.newark.com/multicomp/2227mc-18-03-08-f1/connector-dip-socket-18way-pc-board/dp/98K7083

Alan
AC8AP