Re: Any suggestions on an audio amp appropriate to Hilltoppers 20&40

W6BOW

Don,

What’s “voice”?

Seriously, thanks for the lead.

-.. —- -.

W6BOW

On Dec 20, 2019, at 3:42 PM, Don, W9EBK <donw9ebk@...> wrote:

Don,
If you can find one,  Radio Shack used to sell an amplified speaker with DSP. This is one of the handiest things to boost the audio.  I've used mine with my Hilltopper 20, and several other radios.  I've seen them for sale at hamfest for around $20. It's a very handy gadget to have around the ham shack.  The speaker and amp are plenty powerful and the DSP works pretty well on CW but not for voice.
Don, W9EBK

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019, 1:58 PM W6BOW via Groups.Io <DBuckter=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Dear All,

I'm currently portable in Summit, NJ, enjoying QSOs far and abroad running 4SQRP's Hilltopper 20.
("Summit" ... "Hilltopper". Savor the irony all those so inclined.)

 What I've discovered ...
  1. This is a terrific rig.
  2. My 69 year old ears are no longer "up to the task".
Any suggestions on a quality audio amp compatible with Hilltoppers (20 and 40)?

Note: Even with my sub-par hearing I've enjoyed QSO's this week with 3 European stations plus a host stateside from Seattle to Houston and in between.

Don   W6BOW/2/QRP