Buck converter tutorial, YouTube ...
https://youtu.be/CEhBN5_fO5o

Don - W6BOW

On Jan 1, 2020, at 10:04 AM, John Lonigro <jonigro@...> wrote:

You can purchase a "buck converter" for very few dollars from multiple sources.  It will convert 12 volts to whatever voltage you need.  I don't know about shipping charges, but the converter itself costs on the order of the price of a name brand 9 volt battery.  I use one to convert an 18 volt Li-ion battery for my string trimmer to 12 volts for my QRP rigs.  I don't need my string trimmer more than a few months each year.  The converter, which easily fits in an "altoids" or similar box, makes the battery useful all year long.  And it seems like a pretty clean voltage too.

72, Happy New Year, and don't forget the Second Sunday Sprint coming up in about 11 days,

John, AA0VE

On 1/1/20 8:54 AM, Viktors Miske wrote:
I came across this the other day. Might help.
https://4sqrp.groups.io/g/main/message/15983?p=,,,20,0,0,0::relevance,,And+a+Cricket+can,20,2,40,7587611