Re: [OT] Thunderbird .msf file problem

WA0ITP

Hi Jeff and all,

The mystery has disappeared. While desperately poking at buttons and menu choices, I happened to hit the "Quick Filter" button and the read files magically appeared .  I had not touched the button since before downloading 68.3.1 (32-bit)  The problem now seems fixed on my screen.   Hope no one else has had the same problem

Thank you Jeff for hanging with me on this, your observations were spot on.
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
On 1/7/2020 8:33 AM, Jeff Logullo N0̸MII wrote:

One more data point:

  • I run (and have been running) Thunderbird 68.3.1 (32-bit) for quite a while.
  • This is on Windows 10 Pro v. 1903.
  • I'm using IMAP (not POP) to access my mail on the server.
  • I haven't experienced the "rebuild folder" behavior

I'm not saying that there aren't bugs in this version of Thunderbird... but the problem Terry reports doesn't seem to be a universal problem.

Terry, you might look to see if you're using some old/bad plugins...
Also: could another email client you use (a smart phone or tablet) be disrupting things?

Jeff

On 1/4/2020 5:54 PM, WA0ITP wrote:
Sri Bob,

68.3.1 seems to be buggy.  Hope they can and will straighten it out.
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
On 1/4/2020 2:36 PM, Bob - K2KI wrote:
Too late for me Terry... 68.3.1 (32-bit) here too. Oh well, maybe I can download an earlier version, backup my profile folder and its contents and nuke this version. See if that helps. I just would hate to do something rash only to find that I can never go back to where I am, The thought of losing access to all of the mail I have accumulated scares me!
--
73/72 . .
Bob de k2ki

--