Re: 40 AND 80 METER NET REPORT

n4mj

Was working the NAQCC 160m Sprint tonight. Took time out to check into the 4S Net.  Funny you should say, 'strange band' Johnny.  I had just mentioned in my log for the 160m Sprint that the band (160m) was long, short, long, short.  Some constant QRN, not wx related.  Fun evening anyway.

Contacts from ME to FL and MN to LA.  Heard several who obviously couldn't hear me. hi

The 40m band for the Fox Hunt last evening was lousy.  Very long.  Made it into MN but could not get the Fox in PA.

It is all very challenging. hi  Been trying to keep up with the Sun Spot numbers since first of the year.  Has not been in any in several days.

73 de n4mj//glenn

  Thank you!

On Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 09:02:34 PM CST, Johnny Matlock <jomatlock@...> wrote:

GE Group
Strange band Condx tonight!
40 Meters was mostly dead but real long again.
Check in's were:
N4HAY DICK
I also heard NG3P but never got a reply back?

80 meters was where it was tonight!

Check in's were:
NOYJ BERT
WA9PWP PAUL
N4MJ GLENN
K9ZTV KENT
NK80 CHAS
WN0WWY DALE
AND
K0FHG BOB

Lots of clear signal but the band would swing from 559 to 599 in one round.
Thanks everyone for a fun net.
The bands will be better!!

QRP....."More smiles per Watt"
72