Re: 40 AND 80 METER NET REPORT

Gwen Patton

I did try to check in on 40m, but could just BARELY hear someone. I think it was net control, so I sent my call a couple of times when things went quiet. I didn't hear my call coming back, then things faded out around 22 after the hour. I went to 80m and heard a couple of people very clearly, including WA9PWP, who was a solid 8 s-units. But net control was again just fading in and out, and I couldn't get anything coherent. I could tell there was more activity on 80 so I didn't try to check in there. After a while, things were fading in and out and I couldn't get enough signal to copy, so I gave it up for the night. But this is more than I've heard in previous attempts, so I think that's a good sign!

73,
Gwen, NG3P
Philadelphia Suburbs

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 10:02 PM Johnny Matlock <jomatlock@...> wrote:
GE Group
Strange band Condx tonight!
40 Meters was mostly dead but real long again.
Check in's were:
N4HAY DICK
I also heard NG3P but never got a reply back?

80 meters was where it was tonight!

Check in's were:
NOYJ BERT
WA9PWP PAUL
N4MJ GLENN
K9ZTV KENT
NK80 CHAS
WN0WWY DALE
AND
K0FHG BOB

Lots of clear signal but the band would swing from 559 to 599 in one round.
Thanks everyone for a fun net.
The bands will be better!!

QRP....."More smiles per Watt"
72