Re: Recommendations for electronics books

Joshua Wood

EMRFD is really the only answer.  Pretty sure they're ceasing publication on it, again (I think I read that on one of the Groups.io's I'm on).  Carr's book is excellent as well.

For real basics, I actually recommend MAKE: Electronics (and just about anything else from Make magazine).  Watch Humble Bundle for it - they occasionally have huge sets of ebooks (if that's an acceptable medium for you) for very good prices.

Grob's Basic Electronics is also a very good electronics textbook (not the most thrilling read, but quite information dense, with knowledge checks and answers).

~Josh
W0ODJ