To: 4sqrp@...
From: n0nb@...
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 06:56:14 -0500
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] Rain gage is flooded

* On 2013 28 May 06:41 -0500, WA0ITP wrote:
> I wish it were last Spring. We're gettin waay too much rain. My rain
> gage goes to 6" and has overflowed with the rain since Friday. BIG
> boomers every morning this weekend and again today. I have 2 small
> ditches in the back yard which are flooding, as is a large ditch in
> the neighbors back yard. This one is ~10 feet wide. The street is
> curb to curb and this is the only place in the state that has rain.
> Must be a message there. My ants have been unhooked all weekend and
> I'm having radio withdrawal. Cmon sunshine. Last Spring was drier
> and far more pleasant.

From one extreme to the other, eh?

We went under tornado warning last night around 9:40 and the John Deere
dealership three miles west of town was hit but a truss manufacturer
just east of there was "leveled" according to my brother who was out
with the township fire deptartment assessing damage. I understand that
several homes about a mile and a half northwest of town were struck.
That's a little too close, thank you very much!

My gauge shows 1.6" this morning and I suspect it was heavier to the
west of the tornado track.

I'll be happy with a few quiet months now!

72, de Nate >>