Re: Cricket 40 Mod

Tom Sevart

Looks good. I personally installed an external key jack next to the on-board straight key by drilling a hole and putting in a 3.5mm mono jack. I connected that to a PNP transistor so I can use a keyer with the Cricket. That works better than trying to key the full 9V through the keyer. I also installed a yellow power LED and red TX LED in the board. The power LED is connected directly to power through a resistor, and the TX LED is connected to the PNP transistor so that it lights up when the rig is keyed.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS