Re: Rain gage is flooded

Phil Anderson

Hey Woody, Terry, Tim......

Same heavy rain here in Kansas; we got 2 inches. Suspect we sent it your way; SW to NE. Thanks for the reminder Woody; I need to "guy" my SteppIR vertical; it's 33 feet up and spec says will handle 60 mph winds; hm...we'll see. I have it secured to the eve at ten feet, so guessing it will be AOK.

Best of luck on Field Day gentlemen! Uncle Phil.

Tim McDonough N9PUZ wrote:

I'm on the other side of town from Woody. Tornado touched down 1-1.5
miles North of us last night. No bad damage here but there are about
1,000 homes in the area with no power. Our phone and Internet was out
for several hours and is still having periodic problems.

Tim N9PUZ

On 5/28/2013 7:48 AM, fghester wrote:

Same story in Central Illinois Terry. Conditions you descri be are almost
identical. We have a line of trees along our backyard that has so many
singing tree frogs in it they keep us awake. Sounds like a jungle out
there! Fortunately, my 6-BTV (which is guyed) survived high winds
yesterday (close to 60mph). Woody / WD9F

--- In 4sqrp@..., "WA0ITP"
  wrote:

  >  I wish it were last Spring. We're gettin waay too much rain. My rain
gage goes
  >  to 6" and has overflowed with the rain since Friday. BIG boomers
every morning
  >  this weekend and again today. I have 2 small ditches in the back yard
which are
  >  flooding, as is a large ditch in the neighbors back yard. This one is
~10 feet
  >  wide. The street is curb to curb and this is the only place in the
state that
  >  has rain. Must be a message there. My ants have been unhooked all
weekend and
  >  I'm having radio withdrawal. Cmon sunshine. Last Spring was drier and
far
  >  more pleasant.
  >
  >  ----------------------------------
  >  I love this radio stuff !
  >  72 WAØITP
  >  www.wa0itp.com
  >  www.4sqrp.com

<*>  Your email settings:
     Individual Email | Traditional

<*>  To change settings online go to:
     (Yahoo! ID required)

<*>  To change settings via email:
     4sqrp-digest@...
     4sqrp-fullfeatured@...

<*>  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

<*>  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/