Re: HF Magnetic Loop and Pacemaker

John Lonigro

Start with 1 Watt, then go with 2 Watts, etc.  If you die, back down a Watt (hi).

John, AA0VE

On 1/30/20 9:24 AM, John - KK4ITX via Groups.Io wrote:
I use the MFJ-9232 QRP Pocket Loop tuner and find it a useful setup to eliminate the local noise.  There are several YouTube videos showing good results but beware...... they were made when there were sun spots.  I had great fun rigging up the expansion arrangement to allow for various lengths of wire.  To get a broader bandwidth I used trailer hookup wire, seems to work better than the wire that came with it.

The supports are driveway markers and I really lucked out at a Flea Market with the $4.00 heavy duty tri-pod.  I have attached a picture of the assembled unit if anyone is interested I have more and some additional hints and details to offer.

As for use with a pacemaker ?  You will know if it is bothering you or anyone else I believe.  When I tune up I am listening (RX) or using my Sark 100 so there’s no large amount of RF present....... Operating (TX) one would be several feet away so at 5w I doubt that you would be affected but just go at it slow (1-2w) and see what happens.

Enjoy,

John
KK4ITX
image1.jpeg

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁

On Jan 29, 2020, at 22:18, Dan Reynolds <on30ng@...> wrote:

I have access to some hardline and I'm thinking about making  a transmitting loop. I know there was a design out there that used an Arudino to tune the loop at frequency changes...
Anybody have some decent designs - I do not want to design it myself. I'm not too proud to borrow someone else's work.

Also, does anyone know about any problems with a transmitting mag loop and a pacemaker (QRP levels only).

--
Dan Reynolds -- KB9JLO