Re: Portable Battery Recommendations

Jim

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 11:28 AM, Don, W9EBK wrote:
You are going to need 30 to 40 amp hours to do what you want,  with no worries.
For an Argonaut IV or KX2, a 30Ah battery will last a couple of weeks!  For an afternoon's operating, see what other folks who are running QRP on this thread have mentioned.  I have an old Hawker Cyclon cell (4Ah) and a couple of newish SLA (4.5Ah), and in my busiest SOTA operating day I have never drained them enough for the power to cut back on my KX3, running 5-10W.