Re: HF Magnetic Loop and Pacemaker

John - KK4ITX

So far I have only put it through the receiving paces.  As far as I know the only time any appreciable RF would be present is when transmitting.  You coarse and then fine tune by ear, not by keying up and transmitting.  I only use the analyzer for checking as my hearing is very directional.

I took it out yesterday afternoon for an hour or so at a RF quiet park and was quite pleased with the reception.

MFJ has details and a video to explain how it works on their website.  Also QST had an article a couple of months ago dealing with making a neat loop using 450 ladder line...... you might give that a read.  I plan to try it also.

John
KK4ITX

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁

On Jan 31, 2020, at 11:30, Dan Reynolds <on30ng@...> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 09:24 AM, John - KK4ITX wrote:
MFJ-9232 QRP Pocket Loop tuner
That's pretty interesting - have you had good luck with it? And yes, I would have to tune it with an analyzer - LOL. No way I'd want to be close enough to touch those knobs with real RF going through it.  I'll bet it would work well with a loop made of hard line. Heck I could make one for each band almost.

Now an arduino controlling that would be pretty darn cool.

--
Dan Reynolds -- KB9JLO
<><