After the Winter FD Ops at Ice Station Zebra,
Don, AA6GA, told me that i was not responding to some calls on 7032 kHz.
i checked my BC-221 and found that my transmit frequency was 400Hz lower than my receive frequency. So the only guys i worked were those who didn't zero beat me.
i was not 'transceiving', i was working 'split'.
The base transceiver i am using in my Re-Purposed BC-221 is the '1 Watter'.
i checked out the 1 Watter and found that the 10V regulator (U1, 78L10) on the VXO was not regulating well enough. i tried 3 different 78L10's but they were all inadequate to regulate the 10v line. My 12V battery was dropping down
too close to the top requirement of the 10V regulator.
So i replaced U1 with a LM2940T-10, 1A, 10V, Low Drop Out regulator in a TO-220 package.
It also has a 22MF capacitor on the output.
The LDO regulator will keep working as my battery discharges.
(ps: My 'Tune' pot is 50K ohms).
Now my RX freq is the same as my TX freq. My 10V line is steady now.
i will be back on the air with the BC-221 again testing it on 5 Jan 2020, 1600z, 7032 kHz.
So if you called me and i didn't answer, here is your chance to get your special "Dino" QSL card.