Re: Cricket 40 Mod

Daniel Walter

There were 2 previous mods. The one used a transistor to lower the keying current. It seemed slightly more complicated but apparently allowed for simultaneous use of an external keyer and the straight key. The other mod I had thought of but discarded as it requires a shorting plug, which is another thing to get lost, and a way to hold the key down when the external keyer is used. The extra strip was already there and it requires only a wire and two extra nuts and bolts. And, most importantly to me, both the external keyer and the straight key can be used at the same time with no other items.

Best would be having the jack right on the PCB and no extra strip. Easy to incorporate into a new PCB design, but a little harder to mod the existing one.
--
72/73, Dan
NM3A