Re: Digest Number 184

james davidson

4sQRP Group

my rain gage left for the spring went to snow country for a rest .. soap, fox, creek out in the fields here in se Iowa lakes aLL running full BUT AFTER 4 YRS. DRY WX NOT GOING TO HOLLER TO MUCH HI HI

4sQRP Group Group 6 New Messages Digest #184 1a Re: Rain gage is flooded by "fghester" fghester 1b Re: Rain gage is flooded by "Tim McDonough N9PUZ" tim_n9puz 1c Re: Rain gage is flooded by "Phil Anderson" w0xi 1d Re: Rain gage is flooded by "Donald Kelly" don_k5uos
2 NorCal 40a as part of class curriculum by "Tom Clifton" kc0vsj
3 COMPOSING SECTION LIST FOR FD FOR CW PRACTICE by "Phil Anderson" w0xi Messages
1a Re: Rain gage is flooded Tue May 28, 2013 5:48 am (PDT) . Posted by: "fghester" fghester Same story in Central Illinois Terry. Conditions you describe are almost identical. We have a line of trees along our backyard that has so many singing tree frogs in it they keep us awake. Sounds like a jungle out there! Fortunately, my 6-BTV (which is guyed) survived high winds yesterday (close to 60mph). Woody / WD9F

--- In 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com, "WA0ITP" <wa0itp@...> wrote:

I wish it were last Spring. We're gettin waay too much rain. My rain gage goes
to 6" and has overflowed with the rain since Friday. BIG boomers every morning
this weekend and again today. I have 2 small ditches in the back yard which are
flooding, as is a large ditch in the neighbors back yard. This one is ~10 feet
wide. The street is curb to curb and this is the only place in the state that
has rain. Must be a message there. My ants have been unhooked all weekend and
I'm having radio withdrawal. Cmon sunshine. Last Spring was drier and far
more pleasant.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WAØITP
Reply to sender . Reply to group . Reply via Web Post . All Messages (7) . Top ^ 1b Re: Rain gage is flooded Tue May 28, 2013 6:01 am (PDT) . Posted by: "Tim McDonough N9PUZ" tim_n9puz I'm on the other side of town from Woody. Tornado touched down 1-1.5
miles North of us last night. No bad damage here but there are about
1,000 homes in the area with no power. Our phone and Internet was out
for several hours and is still having periodic problems.

Tim N9PUZ

--- In 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com <mailto:4sqrp%40yahoogroups.com>, "WA0ITP"
<wa0itp@...> wrote:

[...]

Reply to sender . Reply to group . Reply via Web Post . All Messages (7) . Top ^ 1c Re: Rain gage is flooded Tue May 28, 2013 6:26 am (PDT) . Posted by: "Phil Anderson" w0xi Hey Woody, Terry, Tim......

Same heavy rain here in Kansas; we got 2 inches. Suspect we sent it your
way; SW to NE. Thanks for the reminder Woody; I need to "guy" my SteppIR
vertical; it's 33 feet up and spec says will handle 60 mph winds;
hm...we'll see. I have it secured to the eve at ten feet, so guessing it
will be AOK.

Best of luck on Field Day gentlemen! Uncle Phil.

<wa0itp@...> wrote:

[...]

Reply to sender . Reply to group . Reply via Web Post . All Messages (7) . Top ^ 1d Re: Rain gage is flooded Tue May 28, 2013 3:01 pm (PDT) . Posted by: "Donald Kelly" don_k5uos A couple of days without the threat of thunderstorms has let Oklahoma City
dry out a little. The wet WX must have moved North.

I don’t have a rain gage but the lakes are full around the city.

It has been overcast, windy and cool all day. My kind of WX (under 90 deg).

It will be hot before we know it though.

73, Don K5UOS

[...]

Reply to sender . Reply to group . Reply via Web Post . All Messages (7) . Top ^ 2 NorCal 40a as part of class curriculum Tue May 28, 2013 6:48 am (PDT) . Posted by: "Tom Clifton" kc0vsj Was searching for information on a clapp oscillator and this came up in the search results. Anybody want to go to school in South Dakota?

http://whites.sdsmt.edu/classes/ee322/class_notes/322Lecture24.pdf

Reply to sender . Reply to group . Reply via Web Post . All Messages (1) . Top ^ 3 COMPOSING SECTION LIST FOR FD FOR CW PRACTICE Tue May 28, 2013 3:15 pm (PDT) . Posted by: "Phil Anderson" w0xi HI GUYS,

I'M COMPOSING A BATCH OF TEXT FILES OF (STATE) SECTION LISTS FOR
PRACTICE TO USE WITH MY NU-WARE CQ PROGRAM.

FOR EXAMPLE, ONE FILE CONTAINS "CT RI EMA WMA VT," for CONN, R-ISLAND,
EASTER MA, WESTERN MA, VERMONT.

I'LL ALSO COMPILE THE COMPLETE LIST OF THE 70 STATIONS IN ONE FILE FOR
FULL PRACTICE.

IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE A COPY OF THE TEXT FILES, JUST GIVE ME A RING ON
THIS REFLECTOR OR DIRECTLY TO MY EMAIL.

HAPPY HUNTING ON FD 2013.

UNC PHIL, W0XI, LAWRENCE. aldenmcduffie@sunflower.com

Reply to sender . Reply to group . Reply via Web Post . All Messages (1) . Top ^ Visit Your Group > View All Topics > Create New Topic > 1 New Members > 7 New Photos > 1 New Files >
We are making changes based on your feedback, Thank you ! Submit Feedback > The Yahoo! Groups Product Blog Check it out! > GROUP FOOTER MESSAGE 4SQRP Website: http://4sqrp.com
OzarkCon is coming April 4-5, 2014 in Branson, MO
View Details at http://www.ozarkcon.com/index.php CHANGE SETTINGS > TERMS OF USE > UNSUBSCRIBE >