Re: Cricket 40 ac hum

KD5ALD

hello :)
I would recommend you do what you can do to obtain a tuned wire
Tuned for somewhare in the 40 meter CW band !
50 feet of wire means what exactly I don't know !
A good ground might be
A wire run from the coax shield straight to the earth !
I hope this might help
Running abt 650 mW what I get out of mine !
i find it very helpful to run as efficient antenna as I can
50 feet of un tuned wire I would not think would be a very happy
Even though the cricket is a nice little rig and can handly a good bit of abuse
You might ought to try and give it its best chance !
72 73 and 88 :)
73 de cricketeer 008

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 12:24 PM KA3GMZ via Groups.Io <Joehamer=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is there a recommended grounding that could eliminate the hum interference? Feeding into 50 ft wire with 9:1 balun - no tuner  .