Re: Cricket 40 ac hum

John - KK4ITX

Actually using about 53ft with a 9:1 is just about right .  I do this all the time however you should check the SWR and adjust the wire for a happy point, not necessarily resonant.  Generally speaking, the 9:1 will cover 80-10 using a minimal tuner but without a tuner you really need a meter handy.

Remember, you need to get as much power as possible out the antenna because you don’t have much to start with !

John
KK4ITX

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁

On Feb 19, 2020, at 15:27, Wayne Steury <waynesteury@...> wrote:

I found that the light on a surge protector can cause noise. Otherwise a tuned antenna makes a difference. I used a full wave loop with a tuner. Worked 16 states with my pixie.
N9EGT

On Feb 19, 2020, at 11:24 AM, KA3GMZ via Groups.Io <Joehamer@...> wrote:

Is there a recommended grounding that could eliminate the hum interference? Feeding into 50 ft wire with 9:1 balun - no tuner  .