Re: W0RW @ Ice Station Zebra, 1900z, 11 March 2020.

John - KK4ITX

Paul,

Thanks for the report, looks like you were fairly successful.  I did not hear you but I did copy a couple of OPs calling you.  SB does not do well here in Florida on 14.285 as there is always chatter on 14.286 close by........ I didn’t realize that you had dropped down to 14.280.

It’s beautiful country out there, we spent a week RVING in the area in 2009 as part of a 10 week trip.

We’ll be watching for your next outing, never know how the signal goes !

73,

John
KK4ITX

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁

On Mar 13, 2020, at 17:52, w0rw <w0rw1@...> wrote:

Hi John,
Sorry i did not hear you.
i have found 14285 full of buzzing noise so have been using 14280 kHz.
Yes, the 319 was very expensive. The little hermetic TCXO alone cost $3000 (1987 dollars).
Here is my log for the day:
i worked :
W6BUX  CA,
KS4L Randy AL,