Re: Fire In The Wire

Tim N9PUZ

I am a big fan of end fed antennas for portable use as well. Even when I am in a wooded area I usually use my 31' or 28' Jackite pole as a support. I attach the wire to the tip, extend the mast to its full height, and then just let it lean into a tree.

Tim N9PUZ

On 3/16/2020 10:36 AM, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Getting back to the original poster - I like the EFHW for field operations because it only needs one support. I'm a total klutz when it comes to getting lines through trees. I also like the Jackite pole (31') as a support.