Re: OZARKCON SPRINT

Johnny AC0BQ

Good Job Tim
Congrats!

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 9:21 AM Timothy East <Timothyeast@...> wrote:
Yeehaw!!!!!

I just finished building and “calibration the Nouveau-75A.

It was a delight to build. Ran into a problem in that the mic wouldn’t key the radio. Took it apart and the head seemed fine but it wouldn’t key. Was about to recheck everything on the radio when I was fiddling with the mic cord and discovered there was a short in the cable.  By holding it a “certain way”, I was able to get everything to work.

I made a QSO with an AM band and talked to a fellow in Ft. Scott, K0EFJ, I think.  He said she sounded great.

I think you have a winner there!  I had a blast.

I’ll contact the litter about the mic.

Tim
K0EMP

On Apr 4, 2020, at 08:12, Johnny Matlock <jomatlock@...> wrote:

GM GROUP
I am qrv at 7.122 with wq5rp and Bert is qrv near 14.061 with k0n
drop by and give us a shout!
tnx 72
Johnny AC0BQ

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 9:18 PM Johnny Matlock via groups.io <jomatlock=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Good Evening
I hope this message you and yours safe and well.

Sorry for the last minute announcement, but the week slipped away from me.
Since tomorrow would have been the main event day for Ozarkcon, I thought it would be nice if we could get on the
air and celebrate with a cw Sprint.

The rules are as follows:
Scoring:
4 points for working K0N or WQ5RP. These will be the bonus stations.
2 points for working a 4 state member
1 point for other stations.

Exchange:
Call CQ OCON.

Name, Rst, State or Providence, 4SQRP Member Number or power for non members.

Duration:
8:00 am cdst, 13:00Z 04-04 to 8:00 pm cdst 1:00Z 04-05.

Bands:
10 through 160, no warc bands please.

Spotting is welcome, please use QRPSPOTS.COM

The bonus stations K0N and WQ5RP will be on the air the following times:
K0N 8:00-9:00 AM CDST and 12:00 to 1:00 CDST (Bert N0YJ)
WQ5RP 8:00-(;00 CDST and 12:00 1:00 CDST (Johnny AC0BQ)

We have lots of open time slots if any of you would like to operate the bonus stations.
Please contact me via email, jomatlock@...

Logs:
Since we didn't have time to set up the auto logger, please send in a condensed log with your Name, Call Sign, number and type of stations worked and the total points accumulated.
Email the logs to John AA0VE at this email jonigro@....

Prizes:
1st and 2nd place can choose between a Cric_keyer kit or a $25.00 amazon Gift card.

I hope to cu all on the air tomorrow!

QRP....."More smiles per Watt"
72
JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..