Re: Nouveau 75A PTT

Rex K0KP <rex@...>

I posted this to the N75 sub group but I'm not sure who might get it there so I will post here as well just in case.

Regarding a PTT solution for my Nouveau so that it will key an external amplifier please refer to the attached schematic and photos.  A relay works fine to key the external amplifier because the Nouveau has an exceptionally long delay after keying the mic circuit before it begins generating RF.  The relay gives additional isolation without any amplifier hot switching even with the extra time for the isolation relay to close.  This works well with my AL-811H and my RF2K+.  The RF2K+ will generate legal limit AM with the 5 watt Nouveau drive.

Thanks to David Cripe NM0S for help with this.