Re: Nouveau 75A PTT

Johnny AC0BQ

Well
That didn't work too well?
I heard sigs on 3875 about 8:30 and by 9:30 they were gone.
Bert and I are about 40 miles apart and you could just hear something on 3.730, not enough to copy.

We can try again late this evening, signals might be better?
Say around 8:00 pm CDST?

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 8:07 AM ohwenzelph via groups.io <Ohwenzelph=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am in New England and it seems that as the morning goes on, the signals get weaker and the noise gets louder.

Don’ know but......  I think I might do better if we try QRP AM in the PM.

Probably the 3.730 - 3.740 region would be a good area to try.

What do you all, (especially near me!) think would be a good time?

Got a barefoot Nouveau 75A running off 13.8v to an end fed half wave to a bush to a tree, not exactly straight to a couple of not too tall trees. Probably about 30G stranded wire picked up from a ham fest.
 I use WebSDR on line as a sort of pan adapter to spot AM carriers but the nearest station they have that I can listen to/watch is in Pennsylvania. Earlier this morning I could see my carrier really faintly (but hear nothing) and now at 9am can see nothing at all there, coming from my station.

73
jerry aa1of
franconia nh