Re: Nouveau 75A PTT

Johnny AC0BQ

Cool, Will
At least you guys had some local fun!
We will stay after it, surely we can find
A good time to hear signals.
72
Johnny

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 10:43 AM K0WDO Will Osborn via groups.io <K0WDO=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I was on 3730 calling at 9am. Never heard you Johnny but I picked up K0HGP again, and then Rex came in strong a bit later. I’m vertical.
A few guys on horizontal wires were not having any luck around here.

I did work Larry AB0AH though !

73, Will
K0WDO

On Apr 18, 2020, at 10:09 AM, Johnny Matlock <jomatlock@...> wrote:

Well
That didn't work too well?
I heard sigs on 3875 about 8:30 and by 9:30 they were gone.
Bert and I are about 40 miles apart and you could just hear something on 3.730, not enough to copy.

We can try again late this evening, signals might be better?
Say around 8:00 pm CDST?

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 8:07 AM ohwenzelph via groups.io <Ohwenzelph=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am in New England and it seems that as the morning goes on, the signals get weaker and the noise gets louder.

Don’ know but......  I think I might do better if we try QRP AM in the PM.

Probably the 3.730 - 3.740 region would be a good area to try.

What do you all, (especially near me!) think would be a good time?

Got a barefoot Nouveau 75A running off 13.8v to an end fed half wave to a bush to a tree, not exactly straight to a couple of not too tall trees. Probably about 30G stranded wire picked up from a ham fest.
 I use WebSDR on line as a sort of pan adapter to spot AM carriers but the nearest station they have that I can listen to/watch is in Pennsylvania. Earlier this morning I could see my carrier really faintly (but hear nothing) and now at 9am can see nothing at all there, coming from my station.

73
jerry aa1of
franconia nh

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com