Re: Solder Paste / Flux ... where to buy

Johnny AC0BQ

Thanks for the info Charles.
I didn’t know we had a new Radio Shack In town.

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 7:43 AM Charles Wells <odu1993@...> wrote:
I'm not sure about the quality.  Their stock is a real mix of old and new with some 3rd party packaged components.  Since I tend to not buy one's and twos of parts (usually cheaper by the dozen) I don't go in often.

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020, 07:09 Nate Bargmann <n0nb@...> wrote:
* On 2020 18 Apr 18:54 -0500, Charles Wells wrote:
> We've a Radio Shack in our smaller town of Emporia, KS.  Opened fairly
> recently.  The proprietor told me that all of the RS now operating or
> opening are independent franchise stores.  He indicated that RS corporate
> would continue to supply inventory for a long time.

Has the quality of the parts been improved?  I recall connectors that
had insulation that looked like Teflon but when soldered would melt like
cheap PVC.

72, Nate

possible worlds.  The pessimist fears this is true."

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com