Re: Ozark Patrol Tuning adjustment question

w9ran

On 4/22/2020 11:32 AM, Gwen Patton wrote:
Perhaps our British members might be able to verify if this is how the BBC's roving radio detection vans would locate people who hadn't paid their radio license fees? I've seen pictures of these vans, with DF loops on them, to sniff out scofflaws, and I wonder if that's what they were designed to detect.
Not since 1971: https://www.sixtiescity.net/Television/Licences.htm

I suspect by then there were few if any regens still in use,  but while radio licenses were required those vans did try to DF the weak radiation from local oscillators in superhet receivers in an attempt to find unlicensed receivers.   Had to be unrewarding work ;-)

73, Bob W9RAN