Re: Ozark Patrol Tuning adjustment question

Jerome Wysocki

I heard the same story about radiation from the regenerative Paraset receivers, and how they could be tracked down with direction finding radio receivers. So I fired up one of my experimental regenerative radios, but only used about 32 volts for the detector B+. It regenerated fine so I took a small portable hand held short wave radio with me for a walk around the neighborhood. With the set in my house still oscillating, I could pick up its radiated signal for at least several hundred feet away from my house. Imagine the range I could have gotten if I increased to detector B+ up to around 250 volts or so, typically to what a regenerative Paraset radio would be operating with. No wonder they were careful to minimize listening time!