Re: Ozark Patrol Tuning adjustment question

Tom Sevart

On 4/22/2020 16:25, W5ESE wrote:
They still do; although now it's assessed on television sets. It originally was assessed on radio receivers.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/dec/16/qa-how-the-bbc-is-funded-by-tv-licences
They're considering abolishing it; as some feel the BBC has become increasingly biased.
When I was over there serving with the USAF, in the summer of 1993 we had the last Friendship Fete that I attended on our base since I left at the end of that summer. They had a TV detector van on display and a guy showed me how the equipment worked. Basically they had a spectrum analyzer display inside the van and really not much else. There were antennas installed on each corner of the roof of the van, which IIRC consisted of a small horizontal dipole in front of a reflecting screen.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS