Re: 40 and 80 meter nets

KD4MSR, Scott

Fellow CW-nauts:  I put up a new 132 ft MFJ Half-wave as an inverted vee with the apex at 60+ ft, broadside to the NW (facing Missouri), used my full 100W (big stuff for a QRP guy), my first time on the 4SQRP 40 mtr net last night:  At my QTH just outside the Atlanta perimeter, S 7 to S 9 noise including QRM, QRN, plus QSB.  The Latin America sideband guys were in there, too.  Using headphones, CW filter, and some DSP, I heard/worked WA9PWP Paul in WI; KK4ITX; WQ8S in MI?.  KK4ITX was strong, then nothing.  On 80 mtrs, nothing.  Charlie Brown would say, “rats!”  Just before 40 mtr net I worked K9YA Club station in Skokie, IL.  TNX ES 73/72 DE KD4MSR, "Professor L. O. Power,” Scott  (BTW, my long-planned late May Katy Trail bicycle trip across MO looks to be cancelled.)

On Apr 22, 2020, at 11:31 PM, Paul Goemans <wa9pwp@...> wrote:

Yes,
  I got the ITX once!

WA9PWP

Sent from Pauls iPhone

On Apr 22, 2020, at 10:01 PM, John - KK4ITX via groups.io <jleahy00@...> wrote:

Paul,

I was probably the other “4” in the noise, almost had two K4DMSR and another I cannot remember.  Between the QRM (I get some Latin America stations on LSB on 7122 often) and the QSB it was not in the cards.

Made some noise anyway.

73,

John
KK4ITX
Zephyrhills Florida

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁

On Apr 22, 2020, at 22:31, Paul Goemans <wa9pwp@...> wrote:

Well,
I did have QSOs with KD4MSR and W2SH on 40 meters. There was another “4” station way down in the noise...

Paul Goemans WA9PWP
Stoughton, WI

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Scott H. Sikes, MBA, CFRE, FAHP, CFP