From: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4SQRP.groups.io> on behalf of John Nicholas <stnick@...>
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 20:25
To: main@4sqrp.groups.io <main@4SQRP.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] Attic?

My Elmer,  has the same problem.  He has lived 25 years in this home.  Multiple antennas in his attic.  He does just fine.  The biggest thing is they are closer to the ground.  You should check the October, 2007 issue of QST. Article on a 48' end fed in the attic with a J-Pole.  There would be many variations on this one.

FYI:   If the metal foil is on the rafters or part of the roof sheathing, it will cause problems.  It is  a radiant barrier.  South of 34* N in CONUS they have some value for efficiency.  If it is just stretched out across the ceiling joists and insulation,  you can remove it.  That installation is just expensive snake oil.  My day job is a Home Energy Auditor.

73 KE0ZUW  John

On May 11, 2020, at 6:47 PM, Michael McEwen <michael.t.mcewen@...> wrote:

There is no metal above the attic of our conventional construction home. The roof is shingle over frame.   What's the effect if I put a ENDFEDZ  10.20.40 up there?  Covenants don't allow obvious outdoor types.

72, Doc K5OSA

--
Charles Moizeau, W2SH