Re: Attic?

Mike Sanders

Amen. We are finding out from WSPR and other digital modes about
propagation we never knew before.
Using WSPR at mw levels can tell us volumes about our antennas, station
equipment and prop in almost an
instant. Good post. Thanks es 73, Mike K0AZ

On 5/11/2020 9:50 PM, John - KK4ITX via groups.io wrote:
Doc,

Opinions and suggestions are great but I have found that trying is
best.... because each location is different for way too many reasons
to cover here.  You may find that a Dipole works better ?

Build the endfed, should be less than $10 at QRP levels.  See how it
works. If it doesn’t work out you already have the coax run to try
something else.  I have many failures in my shed and it’s part of the
hobby.

I use a 35ft EF and cover the U.S., Canada and more at both *QRP* and
*WSPR* levels, from Florida.

To see how my antenna is performing I use *WSPR*....... yes it is a
Digital Mode but what it tells me is that my 5w CW should be heard
wherever WSPR reports hearing me at just a 200mw signal.  A 200mw
signal is equal to about 4w CW.  The comparison between my Vertical
and the EF is quite clear........ sometimes better or not, I use
*WSPR* to help me to determine which antenna to use.

Using WSPR will tell you more about your system than just about
anything else because it’s a real time result, not theory..... doesn’t
depend on perfect CW for the RBN to decode.

We are fortunate to now have tools (FREE) at our disposal that can
give us real time answers to which antenna is best......... at this
minute !

72,

John
KK4ITX

/*Visit: *www.zaarc.org <http://www.zaarc.org>.   👁/

On May 11, 2020, at 20:42, w2sh@... <mailto:w2sh@...> wrote:

Another suggestion is to view the June 1949 QST with several indoor
antenna designs.

72,

Charles, W2SH