From: main@4SQRP.groups.io [mailto:main@4SQRP.groups.io] On Behalf Of Timothy East
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2020 20:25
To: main@4sqrp.groups.io
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] 75A

Oh, it appears, upon closer inspection, that the rounded edges belong to the “rear” of the component.  The rear is facing the heat sink side and the other or front is facing the speaker side.

Tim

K0EMP

On May 14, 2020, at 19:04, Timothy East <timothyeast@...> wrote:

 Weird. Mine looks like it is installed per the silkscreen. But mine works so it must be installed correctly.

Tim

K0EMP

<image0.jpeg>

On May 14, 2020, at 18:20, w9ran <w9ran@...> wrote:

On 5/14/2020 5:26 PM, Timothy East wrote:

I’m concerned now my assembly was incorrect

Compare to this photo that shows the orientation of Q2 in the context of adjacent components, as long as it's installed this way, you're good to go regardless of what the silk screen says:

https://rantechnology.com/files/resources/D3365CDD-9FA2-F675-4CA1649C1E6BB4E7.jpg

It also won't work if it's backward.   My board is an early one, I assumed the silk-screen was corrected on later ones.   My other comments on the Nouveau 75:  https://tinyurl.com/w5saw83

73, Bob W9RAN