Re: 75A

Jim, N5IB

This is a good excuse to do a little engineer/detective work involving the schematic and the data sheet.

The schematic shows that the Source of Q2 is to be connected to the ungrounded side of R8.

The data sheet (see message # 22052) has a pictorial that identifies the Drain, Gate, and Source leads unambiguously.

Close examination of the PC board shows a trace, on the top side of the board, hiding under that black solder mask, from R8 to one of the pads of Q2. That pad must be therefore be intended for the Source lead, and all the rest will fall into place.

Of the two flatted sides of Q2, the wider one must face towards the blue resonators - as shown in a couple of posted pictures.

Tongue-in-cheek aside to Dave, NM0S ... When you get to the Pearly Gates, Dave, and I have no doubt you've earned your way in, St Peter is going to look in his QRP logbook and exclaim, "Welcome NM0S, but... why, oh why, oh why the fascination with black solder masks? We usually send those to the repair techs in that 'other place' as their pennance" LOL

Truth, Justice, and white screens on green masks forever!!

Jim, N5IB