problem with my 4SQRP Ozark Patrol Radio

Herb Parsons <radioherb@...>

Gentlemen,
I recently purchased and built one of your 4SQRP radios (a great kit!). I am having a problem getting it to work. Johnny Matlock suggested I join your group to get some help.  I get nothing from the speaker except slight noise as you turn the volume control up and down. If I touch my fingers from Q1 collector to Q3 collector I get a loud squeal from the speaker. I double checked all parts placement and polarities. I checked all the voltages listed and all were OK except the voltage on collector if Q3 is only 5.1 volts. I even removed L1 and reversed it. I would love to get this radio to work. I have made quite few tube regens, but this my first transistor regen set. Do you have any suggestions as to where I should go from here? Thanks so much for anything you might suggest. I've attached a photo of my set.

Herb Parsons