From: Curt via groups.io <rhulett1@...>
To: main <main@4SQRP.groups.io>
Sent: Sun, May 24, 2020 1:41 pm
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] problem with my 4SQRP Ozark Patrol Radio

"I even removed L1 and reversed it"
Be sure to put the toroid back as shown in the build manual.  If the "sense" for the one-turn tickler is wrong the regeneration won't.  So trying to correct low volume through the speaker, changing L1 may have produced lots of hiss in the headphones but no RF gain ( regeneration ).  Also, a gimmick of about 1" twist was good for me using the station antenna.

BTW, whoever designed and kitted this radio did a first class job, this regen receiver worked right off of the build table, unlike some others I have built.  Especially if the description has "high performance" in the name, I had poor results.  Like my dear old Dad always said, better to under promise and over perform than the other way around.

Curt KB5JO