Re: 40 AND 80 METER NET REPORT

John - KK4ITX

Paul,

For Park QRP I now have a Yaesu FT-818 w/CW 300 filter but have not updated my QRZ page yet.  At the base, as used last night, I use my Yaesu FT-450D with its DSP and Filters @ 300 CW and a 9:1 35ft EF Inv V.

What I need to work on 7122 is a super beam but due to HOA there's no chance.  I realize that they have the right to be there but it seems that they are centered on 7125 and probably at QRO level, in Spanish which I don't speak with probably a slightly loose transmitter.  I simply cannot overcome their signals with all of my weapons.  I can just almost see the edge of the Gulf of Mexico from my rooftop so I have a good shot to Latin America. They do disappear around 7120.

When Bill, KV6Z ran the Net I could work him FB just about every time but the SB group was not on the air then.

I guess that I will not even try if I hear them on, I haven't been able to hit the Net from Maine either but that's not surprising due to the trees in the campground there, I may try from the beach this year as the is now open till 2200L.

Thanks for your concern, we'll not loose faith !

73,

John
KK4ITX

Click Here for Zephyrhills Area Amateur Radio Club
Many of life's failures are people who
did not realize how close they were to
success when they gave up.
       Thomas A. Edison

On Thursday, May 28, 2020, 10:54:12 AM EDT, Paul Goemans <wa9pwp@...> wrote:

John,
  Does your X1M Xiegu’s receiver have a narrow CW filter? I didn’t see any mention in the Quick Reference manual. Yes there is adjacent SSB on 40 meters but a good narrow CW filter will kill most of it. Or if you are using your FT818, does that have the narrow CW filter installed? If not, you need an external narrow audio filter!

Paul Goemans WA9PWP
Stoughton, WI

Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 10:16 PM
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] 40 AND 80 METER NET REPORT

I could barely hear CW over the SB on adjacent frequency so I dropped down to the WSPR area and ran it for a few minutes around 9:20 EDT.  The indicators are that the Band was good from my area except for the QRM. See attached.  It’s frustrating when you know you should be able to do something but continuously get skunked by Legal QRM.

John, KK4ITX

On May 27, 2020, at 22:24, Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:

Ge Group
Fair net tonight, some qsb and a few static crashes.

40 Meter Check in's were:
W2SH
N4MJ
N4DR